Monday, March 4, 2013

I Love Cardinals!

I look out my window this morning and I see this cheerful redbird hopping along my backyard lawn.  cardinals are one of my favorite things about living in Kentucky.  I don't ever recall seeing them out west.  I'm always delighted when I see cardinals, especially in the winter.  They provide a vivid splash of color to the gray tones outside and awaken my senses.

Speaking of cardinals one of my favorite books is A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg.  If you haven't already read this treasure I suggest you put it on your reading list.  It's a great book to read aloud.  My family listened to it on audio book years ago during Christmas time as we sat around a fire and crocheted doilies and hot pads.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder why ever do you like cardinals? (a joke)

    ReplyDelete