Monday, September 29, 2014

Picture Book Picks of the Week

 My Pick

Title:  The Quiet Book
Author:  Deborah Underwood
Illustrator:  Renata Liwska
Review:  This book is incredibly adorable.  It begins "There are many kinds of quiet:" and then proceeds to list a few of the many different "quiets" children experience.  For example there is: coloring in the lines quiet, hide and seek quiet, first snowfall quiet, sleeping sister quiet...the list goes on and on.  I am inspired to write my own book quiet book only from the perspective of a mother.

Sam's Pick

Title:  More
Author: I. C. Springman
Illustrator:  Brian Lies
Review:  This book is so wonderfully simple.  There is only 45 words in it total!  Most children's book authors struggle to keep their stories under 500 words!  This author must know what kids like, because Samuel loves this one.  He asks me to read it again and again and again.  I certainly don't mind obliging because the illustrations are beautiful and it's nice and short!

No comments:

Post a Comment