Monday, October 6, 2014

Picture Book Picks of the Week

My Pick

Author and Illustrator:  Ezra Jack Keats
Title:  Peter's Chair
Review:  I found this on one of the shelves in the library and a wave of nostalgia washed over me.  I remember reading this book as a little girl and it truly captured my imagination.  In this book the little boy decides t run away and he gathers what he considered his prized possessions.  It got me thinking about what I would take with me if I decided to run away.  Anyway it was fun to read this book again as an adult.  I was pleased to find that I liked it just as much as I did when I was a kid.  


Sam's Pick

Author and Illustrator:  Molly Idle
Title:  Tea Rex
Review:  I think this book must have been written for Sam.  He loves tea parties and he loves dinosaurs so it couldn't have been more perfect.  The illustrations are so pleasant to look at.  It was done entirely with prisma colored pencils and now I am inspired to take up colored pencils again.  It's so refreshing to see this style when so many books these days are illustrated digitally via photoshop.    

No comments:

Post a Comment