Friday, May 24, 2013

A Word of Warning

Be careful before you agree to draw something for someone else!  You should know exactly what you are getting into before you agree to anything!  Unfortunately I learned this the hard way when I agreed to draw a portrait for a nine year-old girl.


She saw one of my paintings and said, "You did this!  Can you do faces?"

I said "yes."

"Can you do one for me?

"Sure.  Who do you want me to draw?"

"Justin Bieber!!!"

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes!


I couldn't bring myself to say "no" to such enthusiasm.  Ugh.  So guess who was stuck drawing Justin Bieber this morning?  That's right.  Me.  Why couldn't she have asked for a portrait of Daniel Day Lewis or Kevin Durant?  I would have gladly spent a morning drawing the contours of their features.  Instead I found myself sketching the most overrated pop star of all time!  Oh well.  At least it will make her happy.  Hopefully next time she will have better taste in selecting her idols.


1 comment: