Monday, May 6, 2013

"Can't Sleep Without Sheep!" Jingles Contest


If you haven’t already read Susanna Hill’s picture book “Can’t Sleep Without Sheep” you really must go check it out on E-Book.  It’s a darling book.




Susanna is throwing a jingle contest at http://susannahill.blogspot.com/ with terrific prizes.  My jingle turned out to be more like a girl’s camp cheer.  Originally I planned to recruit my siblings and film this, but the weekend got crazy with my brother’s college graduation and coaching soccer games.  So you will just have to visualize this for yourselves.  Just transport yourselves back to your camping days and imagine yourselves sitting around a campfire yelling this chant at the top of your lungs! 


Leader:  What do you do when you cannot sleep?
Group:  Call for sheep!  Call for sheep!
Leader:  What will you do when they jump the gate?
Group:  Count and wait!  Count and wait!
Leader:  What are you waiting for?
Group:  Sleep!  Sleep!  Sleep!
Leader:  What kind of sleep?
Group: Long and deep!  
Leader:  What will you do when the sheep wear out?

Group:  Um’s and uh’s and shoulder shrugs. 

Leader:  Sounds like you guys need a back up plan.  Read Susanna Hill’s  E-Book “Can’t Sleep Without Sheep” to find out what  happens after the sheep get tired.


Good luck to all the other contestants out there, and other readers don't forget to check out that book!  You won't be sorry.

15 comments:

  1. Cute chant, Heather! I can totally see us all sitting around a campfire and then being lulled to sleep by Susanna's sheep! Oh...after we have s'mores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny! Whenever I tried to think up a jingle it just turned into a chant, so I just went with it! Yes s'mores are a definite must have.

      Delete
  2. Heather - what an absolutely creative idea - wonderful campfire chant for 'Can't Sleep Without Sheep'!!! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chants! I'm face booking it on my page for social love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that! Very cool to make a chant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erik! I loved your jingle. Your little sister was super adorable.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE this, Heather! Such a great idea to do it like a camp cheer! I can picture it perfectly :) Thanks so much for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Susanna for initiating the contest! I had a lot of fun. I always enjoy participating.

      Delete
  6. Terrific idea for a camp jingle sing-along! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Honestly I had a hard time coming up with anything else!

      Delete
  7. Heather, very creative idea and I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete