Monday, July 8, 2013

It's Going to Fill the Whole House!!!


Once upon a time I was asked to draw a bath for my younger brother Joseph.  He must have been two or three years old at the time.  I started running the bathwater, but somehow managed to completely forget to turn it off.  Poor Joseph walked into the bathroom to find the tub overflowing and water oozing toward his feet.  He ran to mom in terror saying,"The water!  It's going to fill the whole house!"

Joseph was never quite the same afterward.  He supervised everyone running bathwater, and made sure they had their hand on the facet the entire time.  He kept saying, "That's enough!  That's enough water now!"  The poor kid was paranoid.   

Joseph just turned 16 years old today.  Fortunately he's gotten over his fear of running water, but I wouldn't be a proper older sister if I didn't remind him periodically of his goofy, embarrassing, childhood fears.  Happy birthday Joseph!  Sorry for leaving the bathtub water running all those years ago.  

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute story :) And what kind of sister would you be if you didn't embarrass your little brother from time to time :) LOVE your illustration! Isn't there a Strega Nona books where the bathtub overflows and fills the whole house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanna! I LOVE Strega Nona! It was a boiling pot of spaghetti actually. I still remember the song. "Bubble, bubble pasta pot. I like my pasta nice and hot. So simmer down my pot of clay, until I'm hungry another day."

      Delete