Monday, January 27, 2014

Favorite Illustrators

Since I'm aspiring to become a children's book author/illustrator I thought it would be fitting to name my top 10 favorite illustrators.  These illustrators are seriously my heroes.  Their work has captured my imagination, shown me what it takes to truly tell a story through art, and inspired me to create.  

1.  Leuyen Pham 
2.  Arthur Rackham


3.  Graeme Base


4. Don Wood


5.  Jan Brett


6.  Norman Rockwell


7.  Lane Smith


8. N. C. Wyeth


9.  Robert McCloskey


10.  P. L. Lynch


2 comments:

  1. Heather this is a perfectly wonderful list. I always enjoy blog lists and appreciate the honest depth of this one. The illustrations themselves speak volumes. You are going to be a published childrens book author. In the mean time I hope this helps you patiently await that day: you are something miraculous here now. You are a blogger of Honest Depth, Heather Dent. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maggie! I just love making lists! It's sort of a hobby of mine. I make lists of movies, books, favorite villains, etc. Thanks again for your words of encouragement and compliments. As a writer they are much needed and appreciated.

      Delete