Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Best Literary Villains Bracket

I have the weird hobby where I like to make brackets of favorite authors, movie couples, soundtracks, etc.  I've been doing it for years, but today I am coming out publicly with one.  It is a bracket of all the best literary villains (at least in my opinion).  Feel free to print out a copy of the bracket and declare a champion.  I am interested to see who the majority of people choose, so please post your winner! Once I've collected a large sample of brackets I will declare the winning villain and post a blog entry about him or her.  If the bracket is hard to read or you can't remember what books certain characters are from I have posted all the entries below in the order they are placed on the bracket.  Have fun!




Villains from Childhood

General Woundwort - Watership
Mrs. Minchen – A Little Princess
The White Witch – The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
The Warden – Holes
Cluny the Scourge - Redwall
Mrs. Coulter – The Golden Compass
Lord Voldemort – Harry Potter
IT  - A Wrinkle in Time


Two Faced Villains

Count Foscoe – The Woman in White
Jack Torrence – The Shining
Gollum – Lord of the Rings
Dorian Gray – A Picture of Dorian Gray
Amy – Gone Girl
Montressor - – Cask of Amontillado
O’Brien - 1984
Richard III – Shakespeare’s Richard III

Bad to the Bone

Assef – Kite Runner
Joffrey Baratheon – Game of Thrones
Anton Chigurh – No Country for Old Men
Martin Venger – Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Cathy – East of Eden
Serena - Serena
Professor Moriarty – Sherlock Holmes
Smaug – The Hobbit


Classic Villains

Frankenstein’s Monster – Frankenstein
General Zaroff – The Most Dangerous Game
Mrs. Danvers - Rebecca
Sikes – Oliver Twist
Mordred – The Once and Future King
Cardinal Richelieu - The Three Musketeers
Javert – Les Miserables
Chauvelin - Scarlet Pimpernel


2 comments:

  1. Cathy from East of Eden has to be the #1 all time Villain. She is sooooo Evil. Also my fav. book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy made it into my top 4 but was beaten out Frankenstein's Monster for me. Although if I was judging based off of pure evilness I'm sure she would win for me as well!

      Delete