Monday, March 2, 2015

Lion in Winter Tournament 2015

Every year I look forward to attending the annual Lion in Winter Board Game tournament hosted by our good friend Derek Glenn.  It's one of the highlights of my year.  Board game enthusiasts travel across states to attend this intense, epic battle of intelligence.  For two straight days we do nothing, but play board games.  It's awesome!  I don't mean board games like Monopoly, Risk, and Scrabble (although I do like Scrabble.)  I mean hard core board games like Race For the Galaxy, Castles of Burgundy, and Agricola.  Last year my husband attended the World Board Game Tournament where he became the world champion at Castles of Burgundy.  So yeah.  We're pretty obsessed.

One of the many things I love about board games is the gorgeous art and illustrations.  Someday I would love become a professional board game illustrator, but for the time being I've illustrated a poster for this year's Lion in Winter Tournament coming up in a few weeks!  I can't wait.




2 comments:

  1. Our family is always looking for great board game recommendations. My current favorites are Carcassonne, Castle Panic, Dominion, and Scrabble. :) I like them because they aren't hard-core and don't take hours!!
    ~Lee
    pocketmousepublishing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carcassone, Dominion, and Scrabble are great! I've never played Caste Panic. I'll have to give it a try. If you're looking for games that don't take over an hour to play you might enjoy All Creatures Big and Small, San Juan, and 7 wonders. Thanks for stopping by! It's always a pleasure meeting a fellow lover of board games.

      Delete